Bike Helmets for Women
Bike helmets for women are the most important part of the protective gear for the most important part of the body. The design of bike helmets for women has to meet three crucial criteria: safety, minimum wind resistance, and comfort. Bike helmets for women have an elongated shape and always come with vents. They are usually made from EPS foam covered by a thin plastic shell.
There are no current deals for this category!
Bike helmets for everyone
Bike helmets have become a must accessory for everyone, even though they are not mandatory. And that is great news for all the obvious reasons - the first one being the protection of the most vulnerable part of the body. There is no difference between bike helmets for men, women and children, other than cosmetic, in colors and aesthetic design.
They are made from rigid foam covered with a thin protective layer of plastic. The role of the foam is to be the shock absorber in the incident of a collision. In such cases, the foam gets the job done, but in the process, it gets deformed and therefore you will need to replace your bike helmet after any stronger crash. Some helmets provide MIPS which stands for Multi-directional Impact Protection System, other than regular safety standards.
The importance of a good fit is imperative for a bike helmet to serve its purpose. It shouldn’t be too tight nor too loose either. They are equipped with an adjustment system for fine-tuning the fit of the helmet to a variety of head shapes.
Different types of bike helmets for different riding styles
- Road bike helmets – are all about aerodynamics. They need to be light and well-ventilated, so there is no visor.
- MTB trail, endure, downhill helmets – are all about safety. These helmets need to cover more of the back and the sides of the head, but still keep as light as possible. They come with detachable visors which are compatible with goggles. Downhill helmets, on the other hand, are full-face helmets that also feature a chin bar, so that the whole head, including the face, is protected. You can read more about downhill helmets in our blog.
- Cross country MTB (XC) helmets - are lighter and with more vents than the endure or trail helmets, and they come be with or without a visor.
- BMX, dirt, and skate helmets – round in shape, and have simpler construction, but they provide sufficient protection.
- City helmets – are of simpler design. They offer a balanced mix of low weight, good ventilation, and safety. Safety add-ons in a form of reflective elements contribute to better visibility with other road users.
Some helmets come with several useful extra features like:
- crash sensors that automatically send an emergency call via the smartphone link in case of an accident
- integrated chips with NFC medical ID tags
- turn signals
- speakers and microphones if you really have to take that call while riding
Take a look at our offer
At Velo Deals you will find the best deals on various bike helmets.
If you have any questions in regards to purchasing your brand-new bike helmet feel free to contact us and we will be more than happy to assist you!