Protectors, better be safe than sorry
Riding your bike is a great way to get exercise and enjoy the outdoors. But, you need to be prepared for occasional crashes and falls. This will be more of a case with more extreme cycling like mountain biking or BMX. But, any off-road cycling increases the chances of slipping and falling, where the surface is loose gravel and dirt. So, while cycling on your cyclocross or gravel bike as well, it is advisable to wear some protective gear. Protectors for cycling will protect you from impact or scratches and allow you to enjoy your ride without having to worry about your safety.
Most vulnerable are the joints, especially the knees. Knees take on most of the burden from cycling to start with. So, there are certain characteristics that knee protectors should have, like:
- Front needs to be made of hard-shell
- They need to remain flexible and lightweight to move with the body
- The materials need to be breathable so that they are comfortable to wear for long periods
- They should be washable and reusable
- They need to be compact and thin so that they can easily be taken along in a biking bag or a jersey or jacket pocket
- They need to be ergonomically designed, further enhancing the comfort
Other than knees, one should think about the protectors for other joints like elbows and wrists. Equally important are soft protectors for shins, biceps, elbows, and hips - which stiffen at an impact. Some of these can come built into the clothing, like cycling shorts, so they are truly easy to wear.
Talking about safety, we have a great selection of deals on cycling goggles and glasses, that you can browse through. When cycling on loose surfaces, like gravel and mountain trails it is expected to have all kinds of debris flying into your eyes.
Take a look at our offer
At Velo Deals you will find a great offer of deals on various types of protectors from leading brands.
If you have any questions regarding the purchase of your brand-new protectors - feel free to contact us and we will be more than happy to assist you!