Loved for many reasons
City or commuter bikes are ideal means of travel around a city. The advantages of using a bike over a car to cover short to medium distances are too many. But let’s mention the most notable ones. The first, that comes to mind is cost-effectiveness, for your own budget and for the environment. It is often even quicker commuting on your city bike during rush hour than taking your car or public transportation. They are perfect for getting to work, dropping off your kid at the daycare, and doing the basic shopping, since they are specially designed to take different biking bags, child seats, and so. All along you get your daily exercise. Great, right?!
- The main characteristic and requirement of a city bike are that a rider needs to hold an upright position to have good visibility and to be visible at the same, which ensures better safety. That is facilitated by a shorter distance between the handlebars and the saddle.
- A city bike is required to have a high-quality lighting system that complies with road traffic regulations. Usually, they come with some lights mounted. Visibility is an important safety precondition.
- City bikes are very cost-effective. They are cheap to buy and maintain compared to how long they last.
- If you add a motor, you get an e-city bike that makes riding in hilly cities a breeze.
A few things to keep in mind
- Make sure that you can adjust the handlebars, stem, and saddle to your body, it will make a huge difference
- You can either opt for one made of aluminum or steel. An aluminum city bike is lighter and corrosion free, but the ride is stiff. Steel city bike is heavier and will rust, but it is more comfortable.
- When choosing tires go for wider if you care for comfort.
- We recommend the suspension fork, even though it’s not necessary, you’ll thank us later.
- Bike helmet is a must, and so is a good bike lock. You may need more bicycle accessories, but those two are indispensable.
Take a look at our offer
At Velo Deals you will find a great selection of deals on various city bikes for you to browse and choose yours.
If you have any questions in regards to purchasing your brand-new city bike - feel free to contact us and we will be more than ready to assist you!